Say What?! The Streakers

Hellgate’s Homecoming football game was historic for ending a staggering six year losing streak but for some, the appearance of three streakers during the game will be the most memorable aspect. Students had lots to say about the streakers. Here are four Hellgate students’ opinions on the not-so-safe-for-work performance.

Photo by Camas Allison-Bunnell

Wyatt Brown (Senior)

“It’s not something a responsible student would do, but it definitely brought up the school spirit. It was sick. I think that the streakers deserve more punishment, but they can’t do much more.”

Photo by Camas Allison-Bunnell

Jadan Chopzynski (Senior)

“They were so funny and I thought they got the student section pretty rowdy for the second half. I think it was a little harsh but he got caught so I think he has to deal with the punishment.”

Photo by Camas Allison-Bunnell

Tess Grant (Sophomore)

“I don’t think [the streakers] were sober so that’s not good for school image but it made the crowd excited and it was really funny. The punishment was adequate considering he’s a student.”

Photo by Camas Allison-Bunnell

Brook Stube (Freshman)

“I mean I love their school spirit and their enthusiasm for the Hellgate win, but I feel like it could have been directed in a non-naked direction. I think [the punishment] is pretty valid because streaking is against the law and it may have offended some bystanders. I feel like no matter how alluring it is for some people, it is still kind of thoughtless.”