Hellgate Knights Tear Up 2022 Montana AA Fall Sports Competition

Hellgate Student Section During the Homecoming Crosstown Game

MISSOULA- The 2022 Hellgate Knights secured three Western AA Division trophies, two state titles, and many athletes received medalling as well as All-Conference and All-State honors. This fall, Hellgate represented all five fall AA sports with leaders in each pack. 

FOOTBALL- Connor Dick led the Knights football attack with over 1,000 passing yards, 8 touchdown passes, on 85 completions. First-year starter Parker Link won Montana AA Freshman of the Year award. Leo Filardi teamed up with Dick, collecting 569 receiving yards on 28 total receptions and 3 receiving touchdowns.

GOLF- Anna Stensrud medalled in every tournament she played in, leading the Hellgate girls golf team to a Western AA trophy. All four boys starters qualified for State under veteran coach Rob Henthorn.  

VOLLEYBALL- The Hellgate senior-studded volleyball team was rounded out by Camille Sherrill, collecting 188 kills and 264 digs. Moana Massey, the only starting underclassmen for the Knights showed a light in Hellgate’s future, with an unbelievable season by leading the team in assists for setting with 340. She also collected 47 digs on 6 kills. The phenom sophomore was accompanied by Morgan Meissner, one of the only other second-year players on the varsity squad. She gathered a kill and 38 digs.

SOCCER- The Knights boys team secured their 4th State title in a row, defeating Billings Senior in a 1-0 thriller. They were led by Brady Reed, who finished with 11 goals and 23 assists to finish an immaculate season for the boys. The Lady Knights soccer team was led by junior Carmen Anderson who scored 22 goals, and picked up 16 assists, en route to another City and Western AA title, finishing the season with an 11-1-3 record.

CROSS COUNTRY- Kaitlyn Skinner PR’d a 19:21 during the season and marched the Hellgate girls cross country team to a State championship. Finneas Colescott PR’d a 15:40, and led the Hellgate boys cross country team to a second place State finish in Missoula. The cross country team has already ran in many out-of-state competitions with their high-end competitors.