First School Assembly

To celebrate being back in school, Hellgate had an assembly to learn some new crowd cheers  and see some dances from the dance team. The goal of the assembly was to reintroduce the idea of assemblies to students and to show the freshman how much spirit there is here at Hellgate.  

“Hype was a word that was thrown around by both myself and the student advisers,” said Britt Hanford, who was in charge of coordinating the event. Cheer coach Caroline was all for it and excited to show what the cheer team had learned at cheer camp this summer.

With the current state of the world people are always worried that they may get Covid when in large groups of people. “There were no worries about Covid at all and those who felt uncomfortable at the assembly could take the measures necessary. We were just excited to be in the gym” said Hanford.

Hanford said that her main goal of the assembly was to “get people excited about being at Hellgate and giving students an experience with how assemblies go at Hellgate.”  

Freshmen Avery Simpson said, “It was a nice experience to start off the school year with. Watching the dance team and the cheer team have the focus for a change was nice.”  Elizabeth Klamerus also commented, “It was our first assembly in two, maybe three, years so it was weird having one again but in a good way.” 

“It was weird bringing back assemblies but it was tons of fun and I loved watching the cheer and dance team. I thought it was really fun that they invited the teachers into the crowd cheers. The freshmen could’ve used more spirit though”  said Junior Riley Portman

School assemblies are a great way to get the student body excited for things that are coming up at Hellgate.“Throughout Covid we were unable to do anything fun. We were just all work all the time so it’s nice to bring an aspect of fun back to Hellgate” said Hanford. The assembly was a great way to start the school year and to get everyone excited about the year to come.