Get to Know the Hellgate Knights Varsity Soccer Members

Beckett Arthur

Beckett Arthur Ready For the Games!

Beckett Arthur, a junior at Hellgate, has been playing soccer for eleven years years, including three years as a Knight. At age 16,  Arthur has continued to excel at many sports, including soccer. Beckett has contributed to five wins and two ties on the hellgate varsity team this season. By playing center-mid with extraordinary performance, he contributes to the legacy the Hellgate Knights soccer team holds. With the amount of effort he puts into games and practices, he seems to often surprise himself on the field.

Arthur’s most influential soccer coach was Sam Dickson.“He was close in age with us, and was able to relate with me and my teammates with things other than soccer-related topics, along with having fun while coaching at the same time,” he said. 

Arthur was thrown into soccer when he was little and didn’t think much of it until he got older, and realized that the sport has begun to make him a better person. “I’ve made friendships that are strong, and it teaches me how to be patient with other people in difficult times” Beckett explained that the sport has done a lot more for him then keep him in shape.

The hardest part of the games and practice is running. With all of the continuous training they do, Beckett is able to surprise himself with how well he is playing and sometimes how bad he plays.

Beckett’s life does not only consist of soccer, as he plays other sports that keep him busy throughout all seasons. Aside from sports he enjoys being with his friends to help him set aside all of the stress sports put on him.

Hellgate is definitely lucky to have Beckett as an athlete. He continues puts a lot of time and effort into his soccer performance and it definitely shows and continues to impress the audience and his coaches.

Elaina Pierce Exited to Play on the Field

Elaina Pierce

Elaina Pierce, a senior at Hellgate High School has played soccer since she was five years old, and has continued to progress in the sport throughout her years at Hellgate. Elaina’s 2019 season has consisted of five wins and two ties. She puts in time and effort into practice, in order to progress in ways that colleges may consider her for their team.

Her younger siblings all play soccer. Sophia and Henry Pierce both play for the Hellgate Knights. Henry is on Hellgate’s freshman and JV teams, and Sophia is on the Hellgate girls varsity. Eliana may have set an extraordinarily big shoe to fill once she is in college. 

On Helllgate’s girls varsity team, Pierce plays center mid, but during the club season, she plays holding mid. Pierce has always found the sport to be an outlet for getting her anger and frustration out when she needs to.

John Moody, Pierce’s club coach, has been the most influential to her because he helped her with all of the college prep that came along with soccer. “Not only was he a good coach but he helped me get seen by colleges and with the entire soccer process which was very helpful,” she said. Pierce has never had a soccer idol, but recently she has been looking up to Rose Level, and Megan Rapinoe. 

Pierce is a dedicated student, so when she’s not on the field she is working hard on homework and school projects. She is also a member so the Key Club. 

As she finishes up her final season as a Hellgate Knight varsity soccer member and begins her new adventures with soccer beyond high school, she can’t wait for what is to come in her life. Hellgate certainly won’t forget her and the hard work she puts into this sport and any college would be lucky to have her on their team!